- Tally ERP 9 Series A Release 3 available now in New Zealand
- Tally Shoper 9 Series A Release 1.6 available now
- Did you know that you can configure Tally.ERP 9 clients without knowing the Server Name/IP Address and Port Number?
- Did you know that you can now access information by SMS?
- Tally voted CRN 2010 Channel champion
Chartered Accountants Auckland
Tally ERP 9
Editions Available in New Zealand :
Tally.ERP 9 is presently available in two editions: Silver & Gold. (With Series B, Diamond & Platinum editions will also be available.)Silver is for single user, while Gold is for unlimited users on a Local Area Network (LAN).What other differences exist between editions? None - all capabilities and features required by all users including chartered accountants will be available in every edition. The only reason to choose between editions is the number of systems from which Tally.ERP 9 can be accessed.A 'user' in this context is actually a computer system. We do not complicate your decision with 'concurrent user', 'named user' and so on.Therefore Tally.ERP 9 Silver can be activated (as in licensed) on one computer and used from that same computer. Tally.ERP 9 can be activated on one computer and can be accessed from any or all computers on that network.Maintaining our philosophy - Power of Simplicity ® - you only need to take a call on which of the above options suits your needs.If you decide to buy a Silver edition, you can migrate to Gold anytime. And with a Gold, as users increase, there is no need to come back to us for additional user licensing and avoid the commercial, purchase & administrative aspects of these changes.
Silver Edition -
Single User Where a single computer with Tally.ERP 9 is adequate for your operations, the Silver edition is what you need. A ‘user’ in this context is actually a computer system. This edition comes with all the features & capabilities including Tally.NET and services like Remote Access. With Silver you can manage as many companies (business entities) and personal books of accounts as you need. You can also create as many users as you need, and provide each with the appropriate level of security. Your only restriction is that these users will all need to access Tally.ERP 9 from the system on which it is activated (licensed). Since Silver supports Remote Access as well, you can authorise access to your Chartered Accountant, who with his Auditors’ Edition of Tally.ERP 9, can remotely provide audit, compliance and advisory services. Similarly your Tally Service Partner can, via Remote Access, answer your queries and provide support. As a Silver user, you can create one Tally.NET identity, which you can use to login to your own system from home or while on the move. Other users of Tally.ERP 9 can also grant access to you by authorizing this Tally.NET identity.
Gold Edition -
Unlimited Multi User Where more than one computer needs to have access to Tally.ERP 9, a Gold edition is what you need. Any number of users can simultaneously have read and write access. Note, that there can be some degradation of performance with a large number of users and we have found that the Gold edition is usable with a maximum of ten users. (Series B will deliver the Diamond & Platinum editions with support for hundreds & thousands of users). Like with Silver you can manage as many companies (business entities) and personal books of accounts as you need. You may also create as many users as you need, and provide each with the appropriate level of security. With Remote Access, you can authorise access to your Chartered Accountants, who with their Tally.ERP 9 - Auditors' Edition , can remotely provide audit, compliance and advisory services. Similarly your Tally Service Partners can, via Remote Access, answers your queries and provide support. As a Gold user, you can create ten Tally.NET identities, with which your mobile users can login to your system from home or while on the move. Other users of Tally.ERP 9 can also grant access to you by authorising these Tally.NET identities. It is easy to migrate to Gold from Silver - contact your Tally Partner. Your license will get updated to Gold and you can now access Tally.ERP 9 from multiple systems without the need to make any other change!
Tally.ERP 9 -
Auditors' Edition Available exclusively for practicing Chartered Accountants in Auckland & other places in New Zealand, this edition comes with all the advantages of the Gold edition and with several extras! These extra features are not available to Silver & Gold users:
- Computer aided audit • Automatic scan of every ledger & voucher. These get flagged as 'potentially incorrect' with an indication of what that error could be. Send your clients these exception reports & get their clarifications
- Scrutinise records as per type of audit or compliance you are undertaking (focused audit)
- Filter out transactions you want to physically audit (for random audit)
- Overcome the shortage of manpower by utilising existing resources better
- Provide instant assistance & training to your staff
- Monitor the quality of their work
- Save on travel time and costs
Special Tally.NET features are also available:
- Example your client has given access permission to you for audit and other purposes. You wish to assign this company to an Staff member who has been assigned a separate Tally.NET identity. Now your client need not give additional permissions to your Staff member – you can make this assignment yourself – making it easy to manage different employees as well as manage hires and exits easily
- If you actually visit the clients location and log in with your identity - all Auditors' Edition features will be automatically available at this location as well - meaning that Remote Access is not always needed
- You can login to your system or a clients system from an educational version of Tally.ERP 9 (from anywhere) or even from a regular Silver or Gold edition - you will get access to all Auditors' Edition features.